Lascar EL-USB-1 Data Logger vs Eupry
We have put together this comparison to help you find the right solution whether you work in a laboratory, pharmacy, transport company or within the food sector. This article focuses on comparing Lascar’s most popular temperature logger: The EL-USB-1 datalogger with Eupry Premium. Lascar is based in the UK and is specialised in USB dataloggers for a number of uses, such as datalogging of temperature, humidity, air quality, voltage etc.
So, what are the differences between Lascar’s EL-USB-1 datalogger and a WiFi data logger from Eupry? There are some similarities, but as this article will show there are a number of key areas where there are major differences.
· Eupry’s WiFi temperature data logger sends alarms via SMS and email when temperature limits are exceeded.
· Monitor data easily from an app or web browser with Eupry.
· Eupry provides free annual calibration by providing an instant device replacement.
· Eupry’s subscription plans provide an ongoing and proactive support, saving countless hours per year.
· Eupry’s wireless data logger automatically sends data to our servers which prevents loss of data.
· With Eupry, a single click can change the settings on all your data loggers at once, saving countless hours.
· If you have a small setup and it is not important that temperatures are sometimes exceeded, you should go for a USB data logger.
Find a Calibration Service vs Allow Eupry to Calibrate
Like any machinery, regular inspections are crucial to ensure temperature loggers accuracy and reliability. The majority of data loggers on the market do not include a calibration service, meaning customers have to use their supplier or a third party to ensure that their devices are calibrated each year. In cases where users forget or simply miss the annual calibration deadline, there is a risk of reduction in accuracy and reliability. For companies working within food or pharmaceutical industries this could potentially lead to non-compliances with GDP (Good Distribution Practices).
A standard calibration of a USB datalogger will typically cost 70-90€ per unit. The process can take up to 4-8 days during which customers have to arrange alternative solutions, e.g. by having spare data loggers in place. Eupry relies on a subscription-based concept where Eupry replace data loggers with new, calibrated loggers and take the previous loggers back to the calibration lab once a year. This annual service is included in the premium subscription fee.
Data is stored in an ISO9001/ISO27001 certified environment for up to 5 years, where you are able to quickly access documentation if needed.