Eupry WiFi Data Loggers for Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
Ultra-low temperature freezers can go down to – 86⁰C (-186.5⁰F). Their function is to protect contents of high value, often for long periods of time. ULT freezers are used for biological and biotech storage applications at:
- Organisations and companies
- Forensic labs for long-term evidence storage
- Blood banks
There are many good ultra-low temperature freezers on the market, but we have found that many of our customers struggle with finding a proper way of monitoring temperatures in them.
Do Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers Need Wireless Temperature Dataloggers?
Ultra-low temperature laboratoy freezers come with high efficiency insulation plus cabinet and door-mounted gaskets. However, errors can occur in which case an alarm system should provide an immediate alert. With Eupry’s WiFi data loggers it is possible to add live monitoring and alarming via email and SMS.
Eupry’s WiFi Datalogger can be attached to a special probe that is installed via the service port or just over the rubber gasket in the door. The silicone cable is made specifically for ultra-low temperature freezers, and is designed not to wear or tear the rubber gasket.
When our data loggers alert you to changes, you are able to adjust the temperature in the ULT-freezer in time. Eupry is a preferred solution to log and track temperatures in ultra-low temperature freezers in the medical, healthcare and laboratory industries because we do not only provide hardware in top-grade quality, we provide wireless temperature data loggers that automatically let you know in real time when critical temperature changes occur.
What additional functions do Eupry’s WiFi Temperature Dataloggers have?
Below we have listed a number of qualities of our solution. The list, however, is far from exhaustive and you are therefore welcome to contact us for more information or you can read more here: https://www.eupry.com/products/
Track and Record Historic Measurements
- The Eupry app lets you track historical measurements. It is a sophisticated and user-friendly program that you can download for free here.
- The data can be accessed as raw data but is also compiled into graphs that visually chart historic fluctuations for quick and seamless reviews. These reports can be printed and exported in PDFs for management and compliance reporting needs.
- The data is sent to you in a highly secure and encrypted format and is safely stored within the Eupry system for up to 5 years.
- The online system can be accessed by multiple users and has permission setting capabilities to let various levels of staff view the exact information that they require.
- Eupry’s wireless temperature dataloggers constantly monitor temperatures even if your WiFi is not working.
Two-Year Battery Life
- The Eupry team has developed a unique, long-lasting device that runs for two years on normal AA batteries and lets you know when batteries are running low via text or email.
- With Eupry you don’t have to remember when to change the batteries, the system does it for you.
Why Should I Choose Datalogging with Monitoring Over the Built-in Logging System in Ultra-Low Freezers?
Many ultra-low temperature freezers come with a built-in logging system that can be exported via a USB-stick. However, there are several limitations when using such a system.
- We often experience that our customers have several different brands of ultra-low temperature freezers where many different formats are used when the documentation is exported manually by a USB-stick. When working with many different systems, it is often difficult to get good procedures in place.
- It is manual work that employees can easily forget in a busy day. This poses a large risk since the contents of the ultra-low temperature freezers are often the most valuable.
- One major difference between datalogging with USB dataloggers and using monitoring systems such as Eupry’s WiFi dataloggers, is that it’s not possible to receive alarms with traditional USB dataloggers.
- Many ultra-low temperature freezers do not perform evenly over time. Temperatures can often fluctuate significantly for a small amount of time and then turn back to status quo before the temperature change is even noticed. This leaves you with hindsight knowledge, but it does not enable you to make changes in time to protect the content of your ULT freezer. It is therefore always a good idea to monitor ultra-low temperature freezers in real time.
USB Data Logger (Fourtec Microlite)
Eupry WiFi Data Logger
Is It Possible to Calibrate a Eupry WiFi Data Logger?
The calibration of our temperature data loggers are performed in our DANAK-accredited laboratory with strict compliance to ISO17025 specifications in order to verify that the data loggers are measuring correctly. Every year Eupry will provide our customers with a newly calibrated data loggers where the old ones are returned to Eupry.
With our premium subscription model, the calibration is always included in the price. Certificates for proof of calibrations are located online and are easily accessed when needed.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Type of Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers the Datalogger can be Used In?
Eupry’s WiFi data loggers will work in all types of ultra-low temperature freezer brands. Below are the most commonly used ULT freezer brands in laboratories and pharmaceutical companies. We have satisfied customers that use our data loggers for all of these ULT freezer brands:
- Thermo Fisher
Where Should I Place the Datalogger Probe in the Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer?
Most ultra-low temperature freezers will have a critical high spot as well as a critical low. It is important to place the probe at the points in the ultra-low temperature freezer where there are either critical high or critical low temperatures.
Therefore, depending on the material you store in your ULT-freezer, go for the most critical of the two. If you have an older ULT-freezer with significant fluctuations, you might consider getting an additional Eupry data logger so you can cover both spots.
In order to locate the critical high and critical low temperatures, you must conduct a mapping exercise. This is a process that ensures you get the exact placement you need for your specific ULT-freezer.
Basically: To conduct the mapping exercise, you place the data logger probe in one position for several hours without opening the ULT-freezer while monitoring the temperature. Then move it to a new spot and keep doing this routine until you have found the critical high and critical low temperatures.
How do I install the WiFi Temperature Data Loggers in My Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer?
There are two choices when installing our loggers in your ultra-low temperature freezer and each is equally effective.
- The most common method is simply placing the Eupry data logger on the front or side of the ULT-freezer using double sided tape and letting the probe cable pass inside.
- The second method is mounting the data logger in the same way as above but using the ULT-freezer service port to let the probe inside, if it has one.
Ultimately, the placement of your data logger and the choice of how to position it will be based on the dimensions of your ULT-freezer and the critical high and low points.
How do I Connect the WiFi Temperature Dataloggers to the Eupry Monitoring System?
Connecting Eupry’s temperature WiFi data loggers is as simple as downloading the app on a smartphone and registering the device. This can be done by staff across multiple locations.
The system lets management assign different levels of data access to each individual employee which enables full control over the setup. Furthermore, different levels of the organisation can ensure that the ultra-low temperature freezers are being properly monitored and adjusted which safeguards your valuable content from either overheating or freezing.