Eupry WiFi Data Loggers for Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
Ultra-low temperature freezers control temperatures down to – 86⁰C (-186.5⁰F). Their function is to protect contents of high value, sometimes for long periods of time. Ultra-low temperature freezers are used for biological and biotech storage applications in:
- Organisations and companies
- Forensic labs for long-term evidence storage
- Blood banks
There are many good ultra-low temperature freezers on the market, but we have found many of our customers struggle with finding a proper way of monitoring temperatures in them.
Our system and staff take care of the process from the beginning to the end, so you do not have to worry about temperature logging ever again. Furthermore, our wireless data loggers are calibrated to the most stringent standards to ensure that you can rely fully on their readings.
Do Ultra-Low Freezers Need Wireless Temperature Dataloggers?
Ultra-low freezers come with high efficiency insulation plus cabinet and door-mounted gaskets. However, errors can occur in which case an alarming system should provide an immediate alert. With Eupry’s wireless data loggers it is possible to add live monitoring and alarming via email and SMS to all kinds of ultra-low freezers.
Eupry’s WiFi Datalogger can be attached to a special probe for ultra-low freezers and is installed into the ultra-low freezer via the service port or just over the rubber gasket in the door. The cord is made specifically for ultra-low freezers with a unique silicone cable designed to not wear or tear the rubber gasket.
When our data loggers alert you to changes, you are able to adjust the ultra-low freezer temperature in time. Eupry is a preferred solution to log and track temperatures in ultra-low freezers in the medical, healthcare and laboratory industries because we do not only provide hardware of the highest quality, we provide wireless temperature data loggers that automatically let you know in real time when temperature changes occur.
What additional functions do Eupry’s WiFi Temperature Dataloggers have?
Below we have listed a number of qualities of our solution. The list, however, is far from exhaustive and you are therefore welcome to contact us for more information or you can read more here: https://www.eupry.com/products/
Track and Record Historic Measurements
- The Eupry app lets you track historical measurements. It is a sophisticated and user-friendly program that you can download for free here.
- The data can be accessed as raw data but is also compiled into graphs that visually chart historic fluctuations for quick and seamless reviews. These reports can be printed and exported in PDFs for management and compliance reporting needs.
- The data is sent to you in a highly secure and encrypted format and is safely stored within the Eupry system for up to 5 years.
- The online system can be accessed by multiple users and has permission setting capabilities to let various levels of staff view the exact information that they require.
- Eupry’s wireless temperature dataloggers constantly monitor temperatures even if your WiFi is not working.
Two-Year Battery Life
- The Eupry team has developed a unique, long-lasting device that runs for two years on normal AA batteries and lets you know when batteries are running low via text or email.
- With Eupry you don’t have to remember when to change the batteries, the system does it for you.
Why Should I Choose Datalogging with Monitoring Over the built-in logging system in Ultra-Low Freezers?
Many Ultra-low freezers come with a built-in logging system that can be exported via a USB-stick. However, several limitations appear when using such a system.
- We see that many of our customers with ultra-low freezers have several different brands of ultra-low freezers where many different formats are used when the documentation is exported manually by a USB-stick. When working with many different systems, it is often difficult to get good procedures in place.
- It is manual work that employees can easily forget in a busy day. This poses a large risk since the contents of the ultra-low freezers are often the most precious at our clients’ sites.
- One major difference between datalogging with USB dataloggers and using monitoring systems such as Eupry’s WiFi dataloggers is that it’s not possible to receive alarms with traditional USB dataloggers.
- Many ultra-low freezers do not perform evenly over time. Temperatures in ultra-low freezers can often fluctuate significantly for a small amount of time and then turn back to the status quo before the temperature change is even noticed. This leaves you with hindsight knowledge, but it does not enable you to make changes in time to protect the content of your ultra-low freezer. It is therefore always a good idea to monitor ultra-low freezers in real time.
USB Data Logger (Fourtec Microlite)
Eupry WiFi Data Logger
Is It Possible to Calibrate a Eupry WiFi Data Logger?
The calibration of our temperature data loggers are done with strict compliance to ISO17025 specifications in order to verify that the data loggers are measuring correctly. Every year Eupry will provide our customers with a newly calibrated data loggers where the old ones are returned to Eupry.
With our subscription model, the calibration is always included in the price. Certificates for proof of calibrations are located online and are easily accessed when needed.
Are There Any Restrictions on the Type of Ultra-Low Freezers the Datalogger can be Used In?
Eupry’s WiFi data loggers will work in all types of ultra-low freezer brands. Below are the most commonly used ultra-low freezer brands in Labs and Pharmaceutical companies. We have satisfied customers that use our data loggers for all of these ultra-low freezer brands:
- Thermo Fisher
Where Should I Place the Datalogger Probe in the Ultra-Low Freezer?
Most ultra-low freezers will have a critical high spot as well as a critical low. It is important to place the probe at the points in the ultra-low freezer where there are either critical high or critical low temperatures.
Therefore, depending on the material you store in your ULT-freezer, go for the most critical of the two. If you have an older ultra-low freezer with significant variation, you might consider getting an extra Eupry data logger so you can cover both spots.
In order to locate the critical high and critical low temperatures, you must conduct a mapping exercise. This is a process that ensures you get the exact placement you need for your specific ultra-low freezer.
To conduct the mapping exercise, you place the data logger probe in one position for several hours without opening the ultra-low freezer while monitoring the temperature and then to move it to a new spot. Keep doing this routine until you have found the critical high and critical low temperatures.
How do I install the WiFi Temperature Data Loggers in My Ultra-Low Freezer?
There are two choices when installing in your ultra-low freezer and each is equally effective.
- The most common method is simply placing the Eupry data logger on the front or side of the freezer using double sided tape and letting the probe cable pass inside.
- The second method is mounting the data logger in the same way as above but using the freezers service port to let the probe inside, if it has one.
Ultimately, the placement of your data logger and the choice of how to position it will be based on the dimensions of your ultra-low freezer and the critical high and low points.
How do I Connect the WiFi Temperature Dataloggers to the Eupry Monitoring System?
Connecting Eupry’s temperature WiFi data loggers is as simple as downloading the app on a smartphone and registering the device. This can be done by staff across multiple locations.
The system lets management assign different levels of data access to each individual employee. Different levels of the organisation can ensure that the ultra-low freezers are being properly monitored and adjusted which safeguards your valuable content from either overheating or freezing.